Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Installation - problems with VBScript

Postby Schlindi » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
didn't install any software

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
original message (in german): Für die benutzerdefinierte Aktion konnte nicht auf die VBScript-Laufzeitumgebung zugegriffen werden.

translates to something like: For the userdefined action the VBScript-runtime environment couldn't be accessed.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
After downloading different skins for Incredimal 2.0 it didn't work properly any more. Menus and different other parts of the GUI didn't show up properly. Incmail asked me to upgrade to the most recent version. When trying to do so, I'm getting the error above. Then tried to comletely uninstall and re-install it. Same error :-(

Any help would be appreciated, because my wife loves IncMail!

Thanks Schlindi
Schlindi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Installation - problems with VBScript

Postby rambrand » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi,

I´d the same problem. If you use google you´ll find many solutions about re-registering the vbscript.dll.
I tried this, but it didn´t worked.

So I looked to the registry. May you have the registry key for the vbscript twice in your registry. One in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, that will be ok.
But if you have the same in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, may that´s your problem.

Delete this HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{ B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8} from the registry (make a copy before doing that emoticon-0105-wink )

This worked for me. If it doesn´t work after that re-registered the vbscript.dll via commandline (started as administrator) with: c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll

without guarantee emoticon-0100-smile

in german:
Ich hatte genau das gleiche Problem. Mit Google findest Du viele Lösungen die besagen, dass man die vbscript.dll neu registrieren soll.
Das habe ich ausprobiert, hat aber nicht funktioniert.

Ich hab mir dann die Registry angeschaut. Vielleicht hast Du den Registrykey für das vbscript doppelt. Einmal unter HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, das ist so in Ordnung. Wenn Du aber das gleiche unter HKEY_CURRENT_USER, könnte das Dein Problem sein.

Löschen den Eintrag HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{ B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8} aus der Registry (mach sicherheitshalber ein Backup der Registry vor dem Löschen)

Bei mir hat es funktioniert. Sollte es immer noch nicht funktionieren, registriere die vbscript.dll neu starte die Befehlszeile als Administrator und gib ein: c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll

ohne Garantie

Bye,
Markus
rambrand
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Schlindi » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Hallo Markus,

danke für die Antwort.
Habe versucht den Key zu löschen, bekomme aber einen Fehler: '<Key> kann nicht gelöscht werden: Fehler beim Löschen des Schlüssels' emoticon-0101-sadsmile
Habe das eigentlich als Administrator gestatartet...
VBScript neu zu registrieren hat leider auch nichts genutzt.

Viele Grüsse aus Zürich,
Schlindi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby sandral » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:30 am

Es tut uns leid, wir glauben, das die Ursache des Problems an Ihren System-Dateien liegt und nicht an IncrediMail.

In den meisten Fällen, werden Probleme wie diese die Sie erlebt haben gelöst, indem Benutzer deren Internet Explorer neu installieren oder den Computer formatieren.

Ich möchte mich noch einmal für etwaige Unannehmlichkeiten, die dadurch entstanden sind, entschuldigen und hoffe dass das Problem bald gelöst wird.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Sandra
IncrediMail Kundenservice
sandral
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby Schlindi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:26 am

I was told by the Admin, that the posts have to be in English, thus, this time I'll respond accordingly:

Setting up a computer from scratch is always a solution, however the most awkward one, sometimes. IM was running on brandnew computer with Windows 7! And after installing some skins it stopped working... Rather than re-installing the box, I'd prefer to use a different mailclient.

Regards,
Schlindi
Schlindi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Installation - problems with VBScript  [solved]

Postby Schlindi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi Markus,

today, I gave it another try deleting the Key 'HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{ B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}' and this time I was able to do that. Obviously it was locked and the reboot unlocked it.
Now I could re-install IM and it's running fine. emoticon-0111-blush
Many thanks for your help!!

Cheers,
Chris (Schlindi)
Schlindi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:29 am

Glad to hear your IncrediMail is working alright, and that the solution offerred by rambrand helped! emoticon-0137-clapping
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar

Return to Download & Installation