Opening a new user Identity will recreate all the default settings that IncrediMail comes with, including your Spell checker (which seems to be damaged).
If you opened a new Identity, and had trouble with it, please first try refreshing IncrediMail to replace any corrupted files and default information. This will ensure your new Identities will have the proper files installed.
To do so, please click here
Afterwards, please try creating a new Identity and see if everything is working as it should.
If so, then you can easily import your old data (emails, contacts and settings) to your new Identity.
The way to import from an old to new identity is manually, so it will not work the same as you previously did (if you used the import tools in IncrediMail). Importing all this data will simply move it from the old Identity folder to the new Identity, and you won't need to worry about data loss. Make sure all your data correctly transferred before deleting the old Identity.
To retrieve your IncrediMail folders, email messages and contacts, first copy your personal IncrediMail folder to the Desktop:
- Right-click the IncrediMail Tray Icon and select 'Exit'.
- Browse to the following location:
C:\Users\*Profile User*\AppData\Local Settings\IM
- Copy the 'Identities' folder to your Desktop.
To import your email messages and folders, do the following:
- Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import' and select 'Messages'.
- In the 'Import Messages' dialog, select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.
- Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old email messages.
To import your contacts, do the following:
- Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import' and select 'Contacts'.
- In the 'Import Contacts' dialog, select 'IncrediMail Address Book' and click 'Next'.
- Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old contacts.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.