Socket Error

Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
mern
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Socket Error

Postby mern » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Incredimail 2 6074544
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Checked my Yahoo address email's through Incredimail

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
"Socket Error 10054, Port 995 POP an existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host"

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I'm still able to get my Yahoo email's through Incredimail when the Socket Error doesn't show up, but the Socket Error pops up often. This began before the latest build came out and is still continuing after it has come out. I've also cleared the Runtime Folder too and that hasn't changed anything.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Myrna

moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Re: Socket Error

Postby moonstar » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:13 am

Please read the following article about Send and recieve errors. Please try all the suggestions solutions, and let me know if any of them help:

http://forums.incredimail.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=252
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:58 pm

I have the same problem from time to time. "Socket Error: 10054, Port: 995, Protocol: POP. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." I occurs a few times a day and self corrects most times with another push on the "Get Mail" button. Now while this isn't a big deal, it still should not happen. I read the article you posted the link to up above - no help. I would appreciate you looking into this issue further.

Thanks.
HELP !!!

IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:06 am

Socket errors are usually related to connectivity issues such as connection blockage. According to Windows Sockets Error Codes, here the socket error 10054 details:

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This normally results if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close. This error may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive activity detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress.

Try to check again you firewall and disable it. In addition, I suggest that you contact your email account provider and ask them about connectivity issues.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image

mern
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby mern » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Thank You! I will try your suggestions.

Return to “Email Account Issues”