Use this forum to ask general setup and usage questions
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

I accidentally deleted my identity

Postby anto259 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:58 am

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Hi, I accidentally deleted my identity and now I can not return to it

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Hi, I accidentally deleted my identity and now I can not return to it, I have many mails and addresses saved and I do not know how to recover them.
I wanted to change the identity that comes by default and put my name and delete it by mistake.
I await your reply to solve my error.
Thank you very much
anto259
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: I accidentally deleted my identity

Postby moonstar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:54 am

If you deleted the Identity folder itself, there is nothing you can do to restore your data.

However, if you deleted your Identity from the IncrediMail program (using 'Remove'), you should be able to recover everything.

All your personal IncrediMail data - email, contacts and content - is stored in your Windows Profile folder.

To retrieve your IncrediMail folders, email messages and contacts, first copy your personal IncrediMail folder to the Desktop:

• Right-click the IncrediMail Tray Icon and select 'Exit'.
  • Browse to the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\

• Copy the 'Identities' folder to your Desktop.

To import your email messages and folders, do the following:

• Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import' and select 'Messages'.
  • In the 'Import Messages' dialog, select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.
  • Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old email messages.
To import your contacts, do the following:

• Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import' and select 'Contacts'.
  • In the 'Import Contacts' dialog, select 'IncrediMail Address Book' and click 'Next'.
  • Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old contacts.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby TomAsselberghs » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Dear Moonstar

I accidently removed a double identity. I am trying to recover it by saving it to the desktop but I not see the break-down of the desktop so I cannot select the identity. However I can select directly in the Application Data in my folder but when importing, it starts opening the identity but than stops at a view to select all with no possibility to continue. Please advize. Many Thanks
TomAsselberghs
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:59 pm

I am sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. Can you explain what you want to do, and then each step in detail with the outcome?

That way I can tell you exactly how to correct your issue.
Best regards,

Moonstar

Image Image
moonstar

Postby cherip » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:07 am

I have also deleted my user identity using 'Remove' in IncrediMail Version: 2.0.
I created a new user immediately after I did. I thought that would bring it back and it
started back up with none of my setting that I had saved and everything was gone,
including all email, saved folders and contacts. (Not even the same skin, but I still have all of them)
I have tried to:
" * Right-click the IncrediMail Tray Icon and select 'Exit'.
* Browse to the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\
* Copy the 'Identities' folder to your Desktop.
To import your email messages and folders, do the following:
* Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import' and select 'Messages'.
* In the 'Import Messages' dialog, select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.
* Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old email messages.
To import your contacts, do the following:
* Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import' and select 'Contacts'.
* In the 'Import Contacts' dialog, select 'IncrediMail Address Book' and click 'Next'.
* Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old contacts."

As was suggested in a previous post, but it only installs the messages from the new identity that I just created.
Are all my old emails lost or overwritten because I created a new identity with the same name? <Sad Smile>
I had a lot of emails saved in those folders.
They have to be somewhere…right?
Please help.
Thank you anyone for any help you can give me.
Cheri
cherip
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby markwhite » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:20 am

I am running win 8
and this is what happened to me.
I was cleaning up things since I am setting up e mails on a new web site I own, and I had 6 identities showing...
the e mail account I receive all of my work stuff in I thought was primary...it was not
I deleted the identity only inside incredi mail and then was shocked when it restarted the program right then and there...
I almost lost it...
then the e mail address I was talking about for work was there when I clicked on it, it looked like a brand new install of incredimail...

so I read this I attempted to view files and had a really difficult time but finally got after setting security issues to re write permissions and I could finally see the bin folder with identities...
well I followed the instructions above, and I am here to tell you it is not correct.
I still have no e mails messages or contacts than I already had. What Incredimail did when I deleted the identites was delete that folder in the bin file...no recycle bin or anything, so I said ok I will export from my old one lucky for me I had bought this computer ten days ago and exported all content...
the only problem then was it asked me for a password to log into my identity and I have no way of remembering since I have now owned incredimail since 2000, I never used a password on the old computer must have migrated over when I first got it and imported the content in, so I was able to at least get the emial messages and contacts dated thru ten days ago by copying the file to desktop the switching to new computer and then folowing the rest of the directions...
But sure would be easier if I could
Either
restore the deleted identity on this computer, no restart or anything yet...
or if I could some how unlock my old exported incredimail which again will have everything in it.

But at the min, I got lucky cause I could copy and move as I described.
I did want to point out though that the information as posted for me was not accurate. on win 8
markwhite
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:51 pm

I am happy to hear the issue has been resolved.

Thank you for the clarification. Please note that these instructions were posted before Windows 8 was officially released.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Return to How do I...? Setup, General UI, Getting Started