Windows 7 64 bit

Share/Bookmark
Here you will find answers about IncrediMail and Microsoft new operation system - Windows 7!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Windows 7 64 bit

Postby oleboy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Incredimail 2 v6074559
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Installed Incredimail 2 6074559

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
No

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I have contacted VIP support prior to installing Incredimail 2 and was told that it was compatible with 32 Bit systems only, but that some users installed it on 64 Bit systems, I did ask if you were going to make a version for 64 Bit systems, but no-one has replied to this question, I asked a second time and still got a run around that only made mention of people using Incredimail 2 on 64 Bit systems. I know for a fact that most new compuers are now being built with the Windows 7 64 Bit system and we who have purchased Incredimail in good faith thinking that we would always have a version that would run on our systems certainly deserve an answer to our question of When will we have a version that will be Windows 7 64 bit compatible?

Don
oleboy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Windows 7 64 bit

Postby macgyverjason » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:36 am

IncrediMail 2.0 Build 6074537

It works well in my Windows 7 x64.
macgyverjason
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi,

Works well for me, (Windows 7, 64 bit) only 2 small issues that I provided links for below if your interested.

1 - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1890
2 - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2814
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby LaurenCreech » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Incredimail 2 works very well on Windows 7 x64. So should be no real issues until Windows 8 comes out, Windows 8 will require many applications to be updated as it is x64 only.

That said, I actually encountered my first problem with IncMail today with the latest update actually breaking "Default Application" settings. Every time I launch an app now it asks if I want to make it default, and the only app that shows in the setup area for default apps is IncMail; where it used to list Outlook 2007, Windows Live Mail, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, VLC, RealPlayer, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome.

My build is 6074564.

Doing a system restore repairs the issue, but then does not allow me to open IncMail until I again perform the update which kills all the settings again.
LaurenCreech
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Windows 7 64 bit; Incredimail Xe/2

Postby rebelranch » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:36 am

I haven't had any trouble getting it to work on my W7/64-bit system, however, I went on the website to see about updating my software just in case it needed some new things. I purchased Incredimail Xe some time ago with a Lifetime License, and now it has changed my version to Incredimail 2 and I can no longer download any of the skins that I once had. I still have Inc Xe on my desktop, but now have Inc 2 on my laptop and for some reason, they both now tell me to purchase the upgrade to be able to download my skins. Plus, there are only a handful of skins now available. What happened to all the skins I used to have and why does it keep asking me to pay to upgrade?

This is quite aggravating since I paid for the "Lifetime" License.
rebelranch
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby LaurenCreech » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:05 am

I've restored all my functionality by restoring a backup from the night prior to the "upgrade" and am now running 6014296 version of IncMail2. This works flawlessly for me, and I won't be allowing any updates for a while; and then not without imaging my system first.

Rebelranch - I'm assuming that your lack of skins is due to license not being transferred from old computer to new computer.
[list=]Open IncMailXe/2
Click on Help
Click on Licenses
[/list]

You will be able to export licenses here from old machine and/or import licenses into the new machine. You will then be able to get your skins, letters, Gold gallery if you paid for it, etc...
LaurenCreech
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Windows 7 64 bit; Incredimail Xe/2

Postby moonstar » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

rebelranch wrote:I haven't had any trouble getting it to work on my W7/64-bit system, however, I went on the website to see about updating my software just in case it needed some new things. I purchased Incredimail Xe some time ago with a Lifetime License, and now it has changed my version to Incredimail 2 and I can no longer download any of the skins that I once had. I still have Inc Xe on my desktop, but now have Inc 2 on my laptop and for some reason, they both now tell me to purchase the upgrade to be able to download my skins. Plus, there are only a handful of skins now available. What happened to all the skins I used to have and why does it keep asking me to pay to upgrade?

This is quite aggravating since I paid for the "Lifetime" License.

As LaurenCreech pointed out, your License may have been removed somehow, and will need to be registered again.

You can check to see if your License still exists under 'Help' and then 'Licenses'.

If you do not see your License, please register it. If you see your License, but still cannot download, it is most likely due to your Internet Explorer settings.

Please view the following article for possible solutions, and let me know if any help:

http://forums.incredimail.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2463
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby ElegantBows » Thu May 13, 2010 6:59 am

Well, I can not even get the new version installed on my Dell 64-bit Windows 7 computer! ~

I am using Incredimail XE Premium. If I try to install the new Incredimail from the set up file on my desktop, I get this!

ERROR 2738 Could not access VBscript runtime for custom action.

If I try to click on update inside the XE Incredimail, it tells me it is downloading and installing and goes though all the motions, bars move etc, and then .................it just disappears off my screen!

Incredimail techs are telling me it is an Operating system issue and, of course, Dell tells me it is an Incredimail issue and wants to charge me $239.00 for a year software support to *remotely fix it! NOT !!!

I am disgusted and annoyed!

And, yes if anyone is wondering if I tried to *register the VBscript dll file, but it did not work~

Anyone have any ideas? I feel too, having paid for this program, it should be working!
ElegantBows
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu May 13, 2010 8:14 am

ElegantBows - There was a post several days ago with a user who had this same issue. They solved it by changing the Registry.

If you don't know how to change items in the Registry, please do not try this by yourself, as it can seriously damage your computer. You should find someone who knows how to make changes to the Registry, and ask them to assist you.

Please check the following link for reference:

http://forums.incredimail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2744&start=0&hilit=vbscript

Important note: This issue is related to your own operating system settings and IncrediMail is not responsible to any damage which may occur due to the changes in your registry and operating system.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby liz7zy » Tue May 18, 2010 11:17 am

A note to Elegant Bows - do not despair, I am using a Dell computer 64 bit and have incredimail Pemium and had no problems changing over to Incredimail 2.

Liz
liz7zy
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Next

Return to Windows 7