HOTMAIL * IM HELP******

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

HOTMAIL * IM HELP******

Postby Gmom » Thu May 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi everyone

I have a question and am hoping someone can answer it for me. I have been using my hotmail acct with IM for the last 2/3yrs with no issues, thank god. A friend of mine uses gmail with IM and is thinking of going with Hotmail as gmail gives her way to
many problems. I have tried to help her set up her hotmail acct within IM and she keeps getting an error message, what that is
I do not know ( Its kinda hard to help her thru emails ) Well anyways....... I came across this article posted in the IM HELP CENTER I will post it below.

Q: How do I configure my Hotmail or MSN email account to work with IncrediMail?

A: On October 1st 2004, Microsoft blocked access to Hotmail and MSN email accounts used in email clients such as Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Eudora or IncrediMail. Anyone who wishes to use a Hotmail or MSN account in any email client is required to pay Microsoft for this service.

If you would like to continue using your Hotmail or MSN email account in IncrediMail, you will have to pay Microsoft for their new service. On the other hand, if you would like to continue using an email account free of charge in IncrediMail, you can open a free POP3 email account with HotPOP, or any other POP3 email account provider you wish to use.

Is this legit? The more I read it the more it seems like something fishy. I have never ever seen this message in the help area of IM. My friend is using Win7/IMxe I believe. I mean I set up my hotmail acct way after 10/1/04. Im using WinVista
w IM Premium, and as I said, I never had any issues when adding my hotmail acct into IM. Can someone help me please?

Thank you Tina xoxo
If you have a Hotmail or MSN email account and have purchased Microsoft's new service, follow these simple steps to configure your email account with IncrediMail:
Gmom
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: HOTMAIL * IM HELP******

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu May 20, 2010 2:16 pm

This article is out of date. There's no need to pay for MSN in order to configure MSN/Hotmail accounts. To add a new email account in IncrediMail, please do the following:

In the IncrediMail main window, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Email Accounts'. In the 'Mail Accounts' dialog, click 'Add'. Fill in all your account details. Please verify that they are correct and that you did not insert spaces before, between or after the settings.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Gmom » Thu May 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Thank you so much for replying! I didnt think that post was correct. I know when she is trying to set up her hotmail acct, she keeps getting that message that IM will configure the settings for her, there is no where for her to click configure settings on my own???? Can you help with that??? THanks Tina xoxo
Gmom
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu May 20, 2010 3:04 pm

IncrediMail 2 has the ability to automatically configure common email accounts such as Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo etc. If she was able to send/receive emails correctly there's no need to change anything.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Gmom » Thu May 20, 2010 3:14 pm

She is using IMxe, my bad. I will post back later when I can find out from her what error message she is getting
Thanks again for replying, I really appreciate your help today

Tina xoxo
Gmom
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Gmom » Wed May 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Ok I am back again! lol after much time spent trying to set up this hotmail acct for my friend to work with IM. its not working she keeps getting this link when she tries.........

http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail ... me=english

Its the information on paying for using hotmail pop or something. Now I know no one has to pay for this, I dont, and Ive been using my hotmail with IM for about 4 yrs. Can someone please help me so I can help my friend!

Thank you Tina xoxo
Gmom
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Wed May 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi,

IncrediModerator said it all in his response post above. That article is outdated.

Hotmail is free, I use it. If it makes things easier for you to set up your hotmail email account, in my settings I use Incoming server pop3.live.com port 995 and Out going Server: smtp.live.com port 587.

Hope that helps.
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Gmom » Thu May 27, 2010 12:07 am

wow thank you sooooooo very much for the email settings. i told her that message was outdated by you some people, they have hard heads and dont want to hear it1 LOL THANKS again so much. tina xoxo
Gmom
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Gmom » Thu May 27, 2010 1:23 am

ok well the above didnt help either because she cannot get to the window where she add the pop info on her own here is an email from her....

When I go through all the steps to set it up.......it puts its own Hotmail server stuff in there and no place for incoming pop or outgoing.
Every other email I add has that incoming and out going sutff....but Hotmail.
This -Not Allowed- doesn't make sense.
I bought my IM.
Its legal!
And yet every time I go and add it......it wont take it.

how can we get to the pop window?

tina thank you
Gmom
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Thu May 27, 2010 1:36 am

Hi,

Once the email account is created you can edit it's properties. To do this:

1. On the menubar click "tools"
2. Click "email accounts"
3. Select the email account, then click "Properties".

Now you can go through and change your email properties, such as port, server, pw ...

Hope that helps.
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Return to Email Account Issues