I can`t send emails

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

I can`t send emails

Postby Kroele » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:16 pm

I can receive emails but not send emails. I`ve disabled the firewall completly, have made a setup and an upgrade;I have made a new email account, copied from Windows Mail, my Windows Mail works, but not IncrediMail. What else can I do? Please answer in a simple english, because I`m from Germany.
Kroele
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: I can`t send emails

Postby IncrediAdmin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:42 am

Hello,

Can you please tell me if you receive any error message while trying to send your emails?

Also, please check your IncrediMail's version and quote it here.

To check which IncrediMail version you have installed on your computer, simply open IncrediMail, click 'Help' and select 'About Incredimail'.
The Build ID shown is your IncrediMail version.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediAdmin
Site owner
Site owner

Postby Kroele » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:48 pm

Hello!
If I send an email, there stands, that there is a mistake to send an email to the server," please try later", "500 Syntax error-invalid character".
I have IncrediMail 2:build 6014296
Kroele
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:26 pm

Please do the following to remove, then re-configure your email account:

1) Open IncrediMail, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Email Accounts'. In the 'Mail Accounts' dialog, select your email account and click 'Remove'.

2) If you have this email account configured in another email client, such as Windows Mail, click 'Add' and select 'Automatically configure settings'.

3) Click 'Next' and select the email client you do not experience any problem sending and receiving mail from.

4) Click 'Finish', close the 'Mail Accounts' dialog and try to send and receive your email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Kroele » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:06 pm

Hello!

I did it so often, made it again, but it doesn`t works. I have only Windows Mail and the password is correctly.
Thank you for assisting!
Best regards,
Kroele
Kroele
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:23 am

The most efficient way for us to check and solve the send and receive problem you are experiencing, is to configure your email account in IncrediMail on our computer, using your settings.

Please send me the email account details (in private message):

Email Address:
Incoming mail server (POP3):
Outgoing mail server (SMTP):
Username:
Password:

Please note that your email account information remains confidential and is not used for any purpose other than checking your email account settings.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Kroele » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Hello!

I had sended you my email accounts, but I think, you have not receive them!

Kroele
Kroele
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:57 pm

I received your account settings and successfully configured your email account on our computers. It seems that the problem is related to your own computer or it may be related to security program which can interfere with IncrediMail's send/receive process.

Please make sure to check the 'My server requires authentication' option. This option is located under your account properties, in the IncrediMail main window, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Accounts...'.

Select your email account and click 'Properties'. At this point, the 'Properties' dialog opens. Select the 'Servers' tab. In the 'Outgoing mail server' section, check the 'My server requires authentication' check box and click 'OK'.

Also, if you have a firewall installed, please make sure that its settings allow IncrediMail to access the Internet, by making sure that the following processes are in the list of the firewalls approved programs:

IncMail.exe
IMApp.exe
ImNotfy.exe
ImpCnt.exe

If you are still unable to use IncrediMail, please try disabling your firewall completely. Let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Kroele » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Hello!
It doesn`t works...the outcoming email still stays in the outcoming box. I have read, that windows vista and IndcrediMail sometimes doesn`t work together. I have vista! And in vista I can´t find the programms IncMail.exe etc....I have disabled the firewall completly.
Kroele
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Kroele wrote:Hello!
It doesn`t works...the outcoming email still stays in the outcoming box. I have read, that windows vista and IndcrediMail sometimes doesn`t work together. I have vista! And in vista I can´t find the programms IncMail.exe etc....I have disabled the firewall completly.

The issue you have encountered is not related to Windows Vista as I checked your email account both on Windows XP & Windows Vista and I was able to send/receive emails using both operating systems. I suggest you to empty your 'Outbox' folder and then try to send a test email to yourself.

Probably there's some blockage which you are not aware of (could be firewall/antivirus program or any other security program). As for your questions regarding the '.exe' files - These files are located in : C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\Bin
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Email Account Issues