duplicate emails

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

duplicate emails

Postby jeanne123 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: incredimail
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 2
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
delete emails

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
no message

Please provide a full description of the problem:
when I get an email in, it comes in twice....... emoticon-0101-sadsmile anyone have any ideas how to stop this? there is only 1 email address connected to Incredimail so I have already checked all that. thanks
jeanne123
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: duplicate emails

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Open IncrediMail, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Email Accounts'. Please verify that you have each email account configured only once.

If you do not have the same email account configured twice, do the following simple test:

• Use the 'Advanced Account Access' feature to view the messages you have on your mail server.

Do you see the same message more than once?

• Select a message and click 'Get Msg'.

Did you receive the message correctly, or did you receive duplicate copies of the message?
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby jeanne123 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:55 pm

I did that and still getting duplicate emails
jeanne123
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:33 pm

What's your IncrediMail version ? Click the 'Help' menu and select 'About IncrediMail'. What is the Build ID ?

Did you try to use the 'Advanced Account Access' feature to view the messages you have on your mail server ? Do you see the same message more than once?
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby edik » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:36 pm

I don't find this option.........where is it??

thanks
edik
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby BlackLady » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:13 am

Information about your IncrediMail installation will be necessary to better understand the reasons for the problem you are experiencing. We have created a tool, which collects the necessary data and creates the 'IMData.cab' file, to help you provide us with the most relevant information.

To create the 'IMdata.cab' file, please click here: http://www2.incredimail.com/contents/se ... diData.exe

Click 'Run' in the File Download dialog, click 'Run' again when asked to run the software and follow the instructions in the SupportUtil dialog.

Please send me a private message with the IMData '.cab' file that you have created.
Best regards,

BlackLady
BlackLady
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby edik » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:08 pm

I send the file yet.......thanks for your help
edik
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby omacworld » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:26 am

I am having a similar issue with Incredimail 2.0. Build ID 6144668 Setup ID: 7 Pn: 129884458

I have IncrediMail installed on two computers linked through IMAP to a Gmail account. Up until a few days ago, both computers worked just fine and downloaded new messages without a problem. The other day, one of the computers started to redownload every message (over 13000 messages) going back about 2 years. It has continued to do that repeatedly, so that I now have over 10000 unread messages, most of them duplicated two or three times.

The other computer still works just fine with the exact same setup.
omacworld
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:36 am

You will have to set your Gmail account to receive emails only from now on. Enter to your Gmail webmail, click on the 'Settings' in the top-right corner.

Click 'Forwarding and POP', select the 'Enable POP only for email that arrives from now on' option, click 'Save Changes' and close the browser window.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby omacworld » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:35 am

This would be helpful if we were using POP, but as my message says, we are using IMAP. This is working on one computer and not another, both running Windows 7, both worked until a few days ago. Both use the same IMAP server.

This is most perplexing. We have uninstalled and re-installed Incredimail to no avail.

Thanks
omacworld
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Next

Return to Email Account Issues