duplicate emails

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Re: duplicate emails

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:49 pm

IncrediMail does not support IMAP folder synchronization, so you will have to change your Gmail settings.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby RHSBelleza » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:18 pm

I get double some times quad duplicates of emails..
I am on aol ... is there a setting / place to look to correct this ?

I have tried making sure my old mail, out box etc are clean.. that didn't help either.. has to be a setting some where.

I use incredimail 2

Karol
RHSBelleza
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby magdi » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Me too have the same problem of duplicate emails ....when i start my computer in the morning. Am using Windows 7.Does anyone have a solution to this problem which is becoming very annoying to delete 1000's of emails.
Regards
Magdi
magdi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby BlackLady » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:21 pm

RHSBelleza,

Please re-configure your email account in IncrediMail, and make sure to configure it as POP3.

To do so, please open IncrediMail, click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Email Accounts'. Then, select your email address and click the 'Remove' button. Click the 'Add' button, select 'Let me configure settings myself'. Select 'AOL', and make sure to configure as POP3 account.

emoticon-0148-yes

Magdi,

Which IncrediMail version do you have installed?

Which ISP do you use for your email address?
Best regards,

BlackLady
IncrediMail Customer Support
BlackLady
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby Sazie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:14 am

IncrediModerator wrote:IncrediMail does not support IMAP folder synchronization, so you will have to change your Gmail settings.

I have Incredimail set as IMAP, and it's been working fine.
Sazie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: duplicate emails - Thanks

Postby RHSBelleza » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:33 am

Thank you.. problem solved.. duplicates stopped.
Its happened since then.. I just follow your instructions and .. its gone again..

Thanks
Karol
RHSBelleza
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby QMKarol » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:38 pm

omacworld wrote:I am having a similar issue with Incredimail 2.0. Build ID 6144668 Setup ID: 7 Pn: 129884458

I have IncrediMail installed on two computers linked through IMAP to a Gmail account. Up until a few days ago, both computers worked just fine and downloaded new messages without a problem. The other day, one of the computers started to redownload every message (over 13000 messages) going back about 2 years. It has continued to do that repeatedly, so that I now have over 10000 unread messages, most of them duplicated two or three times.

The other computer still works just fine with the exact same setup.

Mine is not a Gmail account, and it does the same exact thing.. I ck'd and there were two accounts that I get my email from listed.
It downloaded doubles on everything..

When I did as instructed.. cking and deleting.. then added the one account.. it down loaded over 4000+ emails.
If I stop it, it stops, but the second I try to send .. it starts back up again.. from the first email .. I finally had to let it down load them all then go back and
delete them..
Also you can't just hit delete all... if you do it freeze's up . You can't even get out of incredimail. I had to physically just turn my computer off.
Then it down loads again all 4000+ emails !

I learned to delete them maybe 50 at a time. Then it works.

I use aol as my ISP I use road runner for speed.

Another thing.. I have posted about.. many many many times for over 7 months I have not been able to send an email / stat.. and others copy or save it to their style box to use ..themselves.
We can save tags or items put in the email.. music too.. we just can not save the stats.

I think there is a huge glitch w/ incredimail 2 Hopefully the kinks are worked out because it is a bear!

Its been a long long time since I had to down load a new incredimail.. and the major kinks are not being addressed or worked out. I recently posted to a group I belong to. Several people stated they had the same problem I had..
And just like me, I tried to uniinstall inc 2, and use xe... it won't allow it.
It has to be a settng.. has to be.

Those who have not downloaded the new Inc 2, have no problems as stated. None what so ever.
So that tells me and others a lot.

There should be enough data gathered to set up .. by now, fix's to the problem.. and it has to do w/ settngs.

thanks much for listening.. please do let me know when a fix is apparent.
I love my incredimail.. just do not like the bugs in the one version.

Oh and sometimes I get a error saying I need to up grade.. lol
I figure what the heck.. I go there and then a window pops up saying I have the latest version..
Yet in that email is a "tag" object I want to save and it won't allow me to do so.. because "I need to up date to a new version of incredimail - the new incredimail 2 .. ok go figure.
I just delete the email and forget it!

Hope this helps ya out some.. I keep seeing the same kind of things going on with others.. over and over and over..

Oh and sending the files ya want sent.. is fine, but why not just have a person send you an incredimail stat w/ theproblem on it, then you would really find the problem. If no one else can save it.. you won't be able to either. Then you will know .

thanks for your patience!

Karol
QMKarol
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby QMKarol » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Oh it does stop.. but then out of the blue.. it will do a duplicate and when you go back in to delete all of the address's and set up the account again..
you will get the thousands of emails again..

By the way.. where are those emails being stored so that they do come back like this..

I thought I had cleared my run time folders..
I cleared all email from aol.. all folders.. old / new / sent.. even deleted I cleared them all
So that means.. they have to be saved on incredimail some where, yes ?

I cleared the deleted folders.
The emails put back on can be months old..
All are deleted emails too.

I have totally cleared out my new mail.. to -0- , I have totally cleared out the deleted files to zero... and sent files.
So how is it getting put back on ?

And why is it suddenly taking on two email accounts for the same email address ?

And by the way.. I tried deleting just one of the accounts.. waited to see if I'd keep getting double's or triples on email, and yes I did.. and there was just one email account under accounts / options etc.

So you have to delete all accounts.. shut it and then go in.. and add the one you want to use. When you go back to incredimail.. again it will add about 4000+ emails or it won't work.

Thanks

Karol
QMKarol
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Shirley38 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:15 am

I was using AOL for my mail service then switched over to Incredimail and just a few days ago I started getting duplicates of my mail.. I read what was posted above of what to check and its this: Build ID 61004631 Set up ID 7 PN 121687212

What to do now?
Shirley38
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:23 am

Hi,

You are using a version of Incredimail thats over 6 months old. Try reinstalling Incredimail using the very latest full setup file. Use the link below:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... =fullsetup
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

PreviousNext

Return to Email Account Issues