email not working

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

email not working

Postby MrsDidi » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: Incredimail 2
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Do not know.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Authorization for account "Blueyonder.co(edimat)" failed.

Please review 'Server Details' below.

ERR Invalid Backend.

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I cannot send or receive emails.
MrsDidi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: email not working...PEEVED RIGHT OFF!!

Postby jennicameron » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:42 pm

running windows xp professional.
just got this p.c up and running again after using a mac and I think I will stick to my mac.
Incredimail SUCKS!
i came back to this?
Socket Error: 10060 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

and i KNOW it's not anything to do with my ISP as all other programs work (outlook etc. even my server's webmail works)
I DID NOT! pay to have this...I spit out almost 100.00 in their crappy software to have smiley faces etc....and no....i can't even reply to an email.
and customer service?...i think it doesn't exist because all they tell me is it's my ISP...no it's not.
anyone know how to fix this mess...because if not,incredimail is refunding me my money and I will never use their product again,and I will make sure everyone I know doesn't bother dealing with the bull that comes with it just for the sake of a few smileys and backgrounds.
jennicameron
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: email not working

Postby jennicameron » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:23 pm

well after messing around...and I do mean messing...thank goodness I know what I'm doing on a p.c!.haha

i had to change incredimails smtp port to 465 under the "advanced" tab...it seems some will work on 25 or 22 for a port but most firewalls etc. use port 465 nicely under an SSl.
sooooo.......
for PCtools firewall try this..not sure if it makes a dif.but hey!..I'm up and running.lol
go to "profiles" then "port override" then go down the list to SMTP over SSL..it will show port 465...then go into incredimail and under advanced,change the port to 465 and voila...should work....probably only if you use PCtools frewall...but worth noting for others who have similar problems.
jennicameron
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: email not working

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:50 am

jennicameron wrote:Incredimail SUCKS!
i came back to this?
Socket Error: 10060 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

and i KNOW it's not anything to do with my ISP as all other programs work (outlook etc. even my server's webmail works)
I DID NOT! pay to have this...I spit out almost 100.00 in their crappy software to have smiley faces etc....and no....i can't even reply to an email.
and customer service?...i think it doesn't exist because all they tell me is it's my ISP...no it's not.
anyone know how to fix this mess...

Read the forum rules - Swearing is not allowed, this is the first warning.

Next time, instead of blaming IncrediMail you should check your own computer settings such as firewall & security softwares.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to Email Account Issues