I can send, but not recieve emails

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

I can send, but not recieve emails

Postby diffie11 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Nothing, always existed from the get go.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Yes, -ERR invalid user name or password

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I can send emails to diffie11@charter.net or michael_diffin@yahoo.com, but I can't recieve any emails into IncrediMail. I have used all info from my Thunderbird so I know the info is correct. By the way, my Thunderbird works very fast, while IncrediMail is very slow. I have used the info from "BlackLady" to delete my runtime folder and that has not changed anything. What now? IncrediMail is a great concept if you can get it to work.
diffie11
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: I can send, but not recieve emails

Postby diffie11 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 pm

I can send and recieve messages very fast in Thunderbird, also I can send messages in IncrediMail, I just can't recieve messages with IncrediMail. I get error message: -ERROR invalid user name or password. Also I have gone to my ISP and followed there directions for configureing Incredimail. Still no luck. I'm missing some little thing but can't figure it out.
diffie11
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: I can send, but not recieve emails

Postby BlackLady » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Please note that I will address each issue you are experiencing at a time. I would like to start with the first issue you have mentioned - sending and receiving issue.

As for Yahoo! - Yahoo! Mail stopped providing free POP3 access or Auto Mail Forwarding to Yahoo!Delivers subscribers and these features are only available for paying customers.

To read your Yahoo! account using any email client, such as Outlook Express, Eudora or IncrediMail, you must be a Yahoo paying member, which may be the reason you cannot send or receive email using your Yahoo account.

If you did not purchase the Yahoo service, you must pay Yahoo for the POP3 service to keep using your Yahoo account, or you can open a new free account with other email account suppliers.

Note: If you already bought their package, you should not have any problem configuring and using your Yahoo email account in IncrediMail - click here - http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail ... errer_id=4 - to learn how.

As for Charter - the issue you are dealing with may be caused by incorrect account details. I would like you to reconfigure your email using the 'Email Setup Wizard':

1. Click 'Tools' and then select 'Email Accounts'.

2. Chose your account, click 'Remove'. To reconfigure the account, click 'Add'.

3. In the Account Wizard window, chose 'Let me configure settings myself', and click 'Next'.

Please Note – If you do not have another email client installed on your computer, you will not see the 'Let me configure…' option. Continue to Step 4.

4. Please choose your email service provider. If it is not listed, click 'Other'.

5. Follow the instructions to set up your account.

Let me know the results.

Note: Make sure that the password that you have entered is identical to the one your email account provider has given you.
Best regards,

BlackLady
IncrediMail Customer Support
BlackLady
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Return to Email Account Issues