Backup

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Backup

Postby witzel2000 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2,0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I have transfered from my old Notebook which had the operating system WINDOWS VISTA to my new Notebook with Windows 7 Premium. I just purchased the upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate. 64bits which I woulde like to upgrade to the new computer. I tried to make a backup from Incredimail to a CD but it failed. After I tried to backup the Incredimail to an external HD, The same problem, just before the backup was finish, I received an message on my screen Incredimail failed. I tried it again the same problem. Contacted Incredimail but they gave me no correct help. They told me to make the upgrade for Windows 7 Ultimate. But if I do this, I will loose all my Incredimail "Send" files.
Please help me to resolve this problem, because I would like to make this Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade.
Awaiting your kind help and instruction what should I do.
Best regards,

Peter

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
witzel2000
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Backup

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Try to export your data to your Desktop or to your drive C: and not to any external drive. As soon as the export process will finish move the exported files to your external hard drive.

Let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby witzel2000 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi!
Thank you for your help!

I tried to do like you explanied but it didn't work. emoticon-0101-sadsmile
I selected my desktop to be the destination of the backup, but i still have the same result. The program crashes and never complete the task. The message that I receved is : "Incredimail found a problem and need to close"

Is Incredimail 2 compatible with Windows 7 - 64 bits ?
I apreaciate if anyone could help me!
emoticon-0100-smile

Thanks a lot!
Witzel2000
witzel2000
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi,

Yes, its compatible with Win 7 - 64 bits. Thats what I'm running.
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby plague » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:23 am

Hi,

I am running Windows 7 64bit and I have had the same problem as you. I didn't have that in February but when I tried to do it in April, I encountered the problem that still exists. I reinstalled my windows recently and the problem remains. So it is not Windows problem but Incredimail problem.

I have contacted VIP support (I am a premium member) but didn't get a proper answer. I asked for an alternative way such as a small tool I could use to export my emails and settings which they said they were going to release very soon. That was in April. No tool available yet.

Very disappointed with their response to this problem.
plague
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby witzel2000 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi Plaque
I had exactly the same problem us you. Before I was using Windows Vista Ultimate I had no problems. But after I changed to Windows 7 Premium all the problems started.
I would like to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate, which I just purchased, I have to make an backup, otherwise I will loose all my sended emails. Tried everything but without success.
As well after I use Windows 7 Premium, I lost all my Dictonary (English , German and Portuguese). I had contacted as well Incredimail asking for help in this matter, but nobody is
qualified to give you the answer for this problem. It is a chame to see that this people are incompetent to help.
Incredimail should inform their customers specially if you are VIP to explain this problems.

Best regards
witzel2000
witzel2000
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:29 am

Hi,

Reinstall IM2 and try to backup to the c drive again.
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:41 pm

We are considering to release a new utility which allows our users to do backups.

As a workaround, I can offer you to copy your 'Identities' folder and when you wish to import all your data simply copy it to your new computer and then use the 'Import and Export' feature.

All your personal IncrediMail data - email contacts and content - is stored in your Windows Profile folder. To retrieve your IncrediMail folders email messages and contacts first copy your personal IncrediMail folder to the Desktop:

1) Right-click the IncrediMail Tray Icon and select 'Exit'.

2) Browse to the following location:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\

Windows Vista \ Windows 7 - C:\Users\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\AppData\Local\IM

3) Copy the 'Identities' folder to your Desktop.

To import your email messages and folders, do the following:

Open IncrediMail click the 'File' menu scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Messages'. In the 'Import Messages' dialog select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.

Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old email messages.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AZDesertGal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:42 am

It seems like this has been an ongoing problem for years and without a solution.
I keep getting that same message when trying the backup;.
I tried another way that their support told me and all I got was old folders and messages that had been deleted for over a year. No current messages at all.
This email program and the people who run it are worthless. I have been asking for help for these problems for about 6 weeks but nobody can give me an answer that actually works.
AZDesertGal
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)