Windows 7 and importing with Data & Settings Transfer Wizard

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Windows 7 and importing with Data & Settings Transfer Wizard

Postby lovesgolf211 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:58 am

Was using Windows 7RC and just installed Windows 7 Home Premium.
I backed up/exported using Data & Settings Transfer Wizard to an 1TB external hard drive.
After installing Windows 7 and Incredimail Xe, I tried to import using Data & Settings Transfer Wizard and import failed.
Message in log said file was corrupt.
I have checked the external hard drive and the Incredimail Transfered Data file is there and has many many
files in it.
Can I get back my contacts, emails etc back?
lovesgolf211
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Windows 7 and importing with Data & Settings Transfer Wizard

Postby IncrediModerator » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:17 am

First of all, please note that IncrediMail is not fully compatible with Windows 7 yet.

Regarding your data, you will have to extract it manually (you will have to use WinRar/WinZip or any other archive software). In order to retrieve your IncrediMail data, please do the following:

1) Right-click the IncrediMail Tray Icon and select 'Exit'.

2) Double-click the 'IncrediMail Data.cab' file.

3) Click 'Extract' to open the 'Browse' dialog and browse to the following path:

C:\Users\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\AppData\Local\IM\Identities

4) Click the 'Extract' button, located in the 'Browse' dialog.

5) Browse to the following location:

C:\Users\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\AppData\Local\IM\Identities

6) Double-click the 'ImDataProfile.reg' file. When asked, click 'Yes'.

Open IncrediMail and you will see all your former IncrediMail email and contacts.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby gregos » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:26 pm

Hello there! I have a problem with IncMail XE.I'm a paying customer. In the morning i decided to reinstall my OS. I exported my wife's emails, it was about 450 Mb-s. Than i logged in to my profile, and i also tried to export my emails, and settings but about 90% it is stop working, the program is restarting, but did not continue to export my staff. So it makes my savings about 9317 files, and it's about 2,6 gb-s. But i do not want to loose my emails (It's about 3yrs emailing). Or do you mind that a reinstall of the incmail can solve my problem?? And if i reinstall, will my emails and etc.-s remain, or i will loose it?? And my other question is: I bought my INCmail XE about 2 yrs ago with lifetime license. Could i update it to incmail2 straight away, or i have to buy the 2nd edition as well?? Regards! GRegos
gregos
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:13 pm

I suggest you to install IncrediMail 2 and after doing so try to export your emails again (do it again for both profiles).

Click here to download the IncrediMail 2 setup file - please save the file to your Desktop. Install IncrediMail once the download completes and let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby gregos » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:24 pm

Hello! The upgrade of incmail2 and than the export was not succesful, the same problem occured. Is there any other way to save my contacts, and etc.-s manually?? Or can you solve this problem? I already tried to make the export from safe mode, but it was not work either. Thank you! Gery

-- Is my Incmail XE license valid for INCmail 2, or i should buy licence for the INCmail2 as well??
gregos
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:23 am

gregos wrote:Hello! The upgrade of incmail2 and than the export was not succesful, the same problem occured. Is there any other way to save my contacts, and etc.-s manually?? Or can you solve this problem? I already tried to make the export from safe mode, but it was not work either. Thank you! Gery

-- Is my Incmail XE license valid for INCmail 2, or i should buy licence for the INCmail2 as well??

Please send me a screenshot of the problem you encounter and give a short description of the problem. To create the screenshot, please click here, click 'Run' and when the file download completes, click 'Run' again.

When you see the problem on your computer screen again, click the 'Make Screenshot' in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Close the IncrediMail Screenshot Creator and attach the IncrediMail_Screenshot_0001.jpg file created on your Desktop to your reply.

Also, information about your IncrediMail installation will also be necessary to help me understand the problem. Please click here to create the IMData file, that contains the installation information. Click 'Run' in the File Download dialog, click 'Run' again when asked to run the software and follow the instructions in the SupportUtil dialog.

Please send me the IMData file and the screenshot in private message.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)