Error when closing Incredimail and won't auto delete e-mails

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Error when closing Incredimail and won't auto delete e-mails

Postby LilySprings9 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:50 am

Your IncrediMail Version: Incredimail 2
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows Vista

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Recently did needed updates on Vista, including Service packs 1 & 2 (SP1 & SP2) along with accompanying recommended updates.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Error loading type library/DLL

Please provide a full description of the problem:
We updated to Incredimail 2 a while ago, and it was working fine. Recently (about 2 weeks ago) I did long delayed and put-off updates on our Windows Vista system, including Service Packs 1 & 2 with all the accompanying updates that were labeled as "important". They went through fine, but since then our Incredimail has not closed down properly, and gives us the error message specified above "Error loading type library/DLL" and it does not delete messages that are in the Deleted Items folder on closing, as it used to and as I have selected in Options. I thought the very recent update to Incredimail 2 might fix the problem, but it does not seem to have made any difference. Please tell us how we can fix this!

Thank you,
Charity Sauve
LilySprings9
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Error when closing Incredimail and won't auto delete e-m

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Please send me a screenshot of the problem you encounter and give a short description of the problem. To create the screenshot, please click here, click 'Run' and when the file download completes, click 'Run' again.

When you see the problem again, click the 'Make Screenshot' in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Close the IncrediMail Screenshot Creator and attach the 'IncrediMail_Screenshot_0001.jpg' file created on your Desktop to your forum post.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby LilySprings9 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello,
I tried to download your link below, but it didn't give me a "run" option, but asked me where I wanted to save it. So I saved it to my desktop, but when I click on it I get an error message saying that it is not a valid Win32 application. I am not sure how a screenshot will help you with my problem anyway, because all that happens when I close the Incredimail is that it closes, but a small box pops up in the middle of the screen. It says "ImMangerU" on the top bar, and has a red X in a circle, and the short error message "Error loading type library/DLL." The only other things on the error box are an "OK' button on the bottom, and the usual close window X button in the top right corner.

Hang on, I just discovered something. This all happens when we just close the Incredimail window, but the program is still open with the little envelope symbol down in the taskbar. Normally we open Incredimail in the morning when we turn on the computer for the day, and leave it up all day, just switching identities when needed. Then in the evening someone usually will just shut down the computer for the night, probably not even exiting Incredimail in the taskbar separately first. This has worked fine for us during the many years we have used Incredimail so far.

Now this error message appears when closing the main Incredimail window. BUT! I just went down to the Taskbar and Exited Incredimail from the icon there, and it closed the program, AND deleted messages in the Deleted Items folder! So I guess that part is ok, but I still don't know why we are getting the error message.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to make sure you had all the details. :)

Thanks,
Charity
LilySprings9
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm

It's possible that downloading the IncrediMail full setup file will solve the problem you encountered. Click on the following link to re-install the latest version of IncrediMail 2:

http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... &test=true
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby mittensdmf » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:03 pm

I am receiving library/Dll, ImMangrU. I tried downloading again and it did not solve my problem. Nothing has changed so I don't know why all of a sudden this is happening. I've also lost the clock in the upper right corner and when it says check/receiving mail.
mittensdmf
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 am

What do you do prior to getting that error?

How often does this issue occur?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby gbialas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Incredimail has not closed down properly, and gives us the error message specified above "Error loading type library/DLL" and it does not delete messages that are in the Deleted Items folder on closing, as it used to and as I have selected in Options.
gbialas
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:05 pm

Which IncrediMail version do you have installed?
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)