IncrediMail Backup

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get the most of IncrediMail website
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Re: IncrediMail Backup

Postby grammi24 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi again

I have 2 sets of incredimail on my computer. One is from C drive and other is from my old drive F. How do I join the two of them. I don't want to lose any of my email messages from either drive. Can I do that?

Thanks

G
grammi24
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:01 am

grammi24 wrote:Hi again

I have 2 sets of incredimail on my computer. One is from C drive and other is from my old drive F. How do I join the two of them. I don't want to lose any of my email messages from either drive. Can I do that?

Thanks

G

I'd like to make sure we're continuing with the first issue you had. If you have a separate issue, please create a new post so there isn't confusion on what you need, and let us know when it's solved.

If you created an IncrediMail backup, unless you changed the name, it will be saved somewhere on your computer. Please try searching ALL drives of your computer for the file.

As for combining the two installations, please open a new post so I can assist you there, separate from this issue.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby grammi24 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:53 pm

My first issue has not no been solved. I do not have incredimail backup.

G
grammi24
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Hello G,

Hi,
Close and exit Incredimail. Locate your ‘Identities’ folder on the old drive F:. What you want to do is get your old info from your original old IM program to your new installation. First copy that 'Identities' folder (from old drive F:) to your desktop.

Then:
To import these email messages and folders, do the following:
• Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import' and select 'Messages'.
• In the 'Import Messages' dialog, select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.
• Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old email messages.
To import your contacts, do the following:
• Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import' and select 'Contacts'.
• In the 'Import Contacts' dialog, select 'IncrediMail Address Book' and click 'Next'.
• Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old contacts.

Hope that helps.
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby gdicks » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi,
my system also crashed, but I have the HDD and data available.
I do not have a backup of the IM mails to be imported by the new installation and I also cannot find the "identities" folder. Where can I find that folder?
Are there other ways of importing the old mails?
BR
Günter
gdicks
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Tom51 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:17 pm

I have no idea. After I purchased IncrediMail Plus and IM Backup, I lost almost 3000 Emails, so I demaned a refund and they refunded me. IncrediMail 2 is a lot better, one can select "Files" and "Data and Settings Transfer Wizard". This will backup all of your emails accounts and all of your contacts, plus all the notifiers, etc., one has downloaded, all in one or two files on an external drive I suggesst. That way, if you had to reformat, you could install ImcrediMail 2 and Import from the file one had previously saved.
I have already mentioned to the programmers of IncrediMail that the new Backup program has flaws.
When I had it, it seemed to be restoring all my email and accounts, taking 15 - 20 minutes, but after it finished, I had no Email or Contacts.
If you purchased IncrediMail Plus and the Backup program, you should ask for a refund. Anoither problem with the new Backup program only allows to backup every email accounts one at a time. Like, I have two, my 'family & friends' Email acct., the my main account. With the new Backup, I had to backup only one Email acct, then backup the other account, but that was a waste as when I restored them, they didn't load up when I loaded IncrediMail Plus.
Tom51
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby cdenice » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi gdicks,

Depending on the Windows version you are running the 'Identities' folder should be located here:

Xp - C:\Document & Settings\[Profile Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\Identities
Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\[Profile Name]\AppData\Local\IM\Identities
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby gdicks » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:01 pm

At least I found the "hidden" folder and the import was working.
Thanks for the help
gdicks
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby Tom51 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Are you using IncrediMail Plus and the new Backup program?
Tom R
Tom51
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby grammi24 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:31 am

No

I don't have that. The cost for me is a little high.

I'm retired and have to be careful with my funds.
grammi24
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

PreviousNext

Return to IncrediMail's website