Get Help and help others installing IncrediMail
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Undo upgrade & revert back to XE

Postby WRossbach » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I upgraded to version 2 and discovered I can no longer use the same skin. I want to go back to the XE version without completely uninstalling and starting all over again. Is there a way to do that?
WRossbach
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Undo upgrade & revert back to XE

Postby cdenice » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi,

Read through this post.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6124#p21215
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby BJA » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:23 am

I am very upset with incredimail!!!! I clicked upgrade to incredimail 2 and It does not work anymore!!! I have to uninstall it and I guess never use incredimail ever again. I have used it for many many years until now!!!!!!!!!!! <Devil> This is just horiable!!!!
There is NO suport no help at all!!!! I am mad as hell!!!!! What a peice of JUNK!!!!! I want the old incredimail XE Back. <Devil> <No>
There is NO SUPPORT on this no fix no help what so ever.
BJA
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:21 am

BJA wrote:I am very upset with incredimail!!!! I clicked upgrade to incredimail 2 and It does not work anymore!!! I have to uninstall it and I guess never use incredimail ever again. I have used it for many many years until now!!!!!!!!!!! <Devil> This is just horiable!!!!
There is NO suport no help at all!!!! I am mad as hell!!!!! What a peice of JUNK!!!!! I want the old incredimail XE Back. <Devil> <No>

Please open a new post and describe the issue in as much detail as possible so we can assist you immediately.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby BJA » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:12 am

moonstar wrote:
BJA wrote:I am very upset with incredimail!!!! I clicked upgrade to incredimail 2 and It does not work anymore!!! I have to uninstall it and I guess never use incredimail ever again. I have used it for many many years until now!!!!!!!!!!! <Devil> This is just horiable!!!!

Please open a new post and describe the issue in as much detail as possible so we can assist you immediately.
Well, I opened my email (incredimail XE) like normal and there was a message to up grade to the new Incredimail 2, so being the trusting person I am I went ahead and clicked on the upgrade.
Well needless to say, I sure wished I had not!!! When it was all done I had lost about 5 days worth of emails and all of my saved mail was gone or unreadable and then the computer stoped working!!!
I had to shut it down and reboot. I am running Windows Vista. I have used Incredimail for MANY years and nerver had a problem ever! This new sofeware should come with a warning:
Unless you do not mind losing a bunch of email and end all your email as you know it.......DO NOT UPGRADE! <No>
I am using windows live mail now with no problems. But I miss the old incredimail XE..............why mess with what works!!!??? The upgrade sucks! <Devil>
BJA
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby saskerr » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:26 pm

I have been a user of incredimail for many years and I am not impressed with the new version either. I miss my "out box" and even if there is something in the outbox file it still doesn't show up! I have very slow internet and before i was able to go into the folder to see if the email had gone out or not, if it didn't i could click to send it. Or if it hadn't been sent out i could change a few things. Now i can't do anything!

I really want to go back to the other version or at least give me my Outbox file back <Blush>
saskerr
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby BJA » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:36 pm

I would like to know how I can get the old Incredimail XE back???? I paid for it and now I can not find a place where I can down load it again and skip the stupid so called 'upgrade'
This is really too bad because I think there must be many more people who are, at the least, disapointed with this new #2 so far that is what I think of it as #2 if you know what I mean. <Sad Smile>
BJA
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby crystal176 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:17 am

I did the same thing. I clicked the upgrade and lost my Incredimail XE and got Incredimail 2 and lost over 6 months of emails. I would like to get that old version back and my emails. Can anyone help me?
crystal176
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:39 am

I apologize for the inconvenience, however downgrading IncrediMail is not possible, as this may cause damage or complete loss to your data.

Please understand that IncrediMail 2 uses a different file structure and storage method for messages.

Since we are continually improving our product, upgrading to the latest version is always recommended, and similar to other software, you cannot downgrade IncrediMail to an earlier version.

Again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Anndell » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:32 pm

so did I !

Even I loose ALL of my datas, I would downgrade to XE.... in other case I NEVER NEVER will use Incredimail 2.0 again!

I removed all entries from regedit, but even than there startet 2.0 after new installation!

Where can I get the latest XE version?

You will loose many of users and I will get XE back!

All is possible, so downgrade again, too!
Anndell
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Next

Return to Download & Installation