Use this forum to ask general setup and usage questions
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

dealing with junk mail in free version

Postby artistsandi » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I just updated Incredimail 2.0 to the 878 build only because it keeps prompting me to update. After I updated I lost the "new junk folder" I had set up to filter my spam. I think it was Incredimail tech support that told me how to set up that special free spam filter, but I don't remember how to set it up again. I have been very impressed with Incredimail's free tech support response for the free version of Incredimail. My first thought was to write tech support for their assistance again in helping me to set up a free junk mail filter, but I wondered if someone on this forum might know how to set up a "New Junk folder" that will filter the spam for free?

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
N/A

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Incredimail Tech support had emailed me how to set up a free "New Junk folder" that filtered out mail that was not in my contact list. I got tired of getting a pop up nearly every time I open Incredimail that prompts me to update my version of Incredimail even though I already have version 2. When I updated to get rid of the annoying pop-up to install a new update, I lost the special folder I had set up to filter emails from contacts not in my address book, which I had called "New Junk" folder. I forgot how to set up that special "New Junk folder". Now I cannot filter emails that are not in my contact list into that special folder that served as a free Junk filter. Does anybody know how to set this up?
artistsandi
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: dealing with junk mail in free version

Postby moonstar » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:48 am

In the IncrediMail main window, right-click the 'Inbox' folder and select 'New Folder' to create a new folder.

1. Click the 'Tools' menu and select 'Message Rules…'. In the 'Message Rules' dialog, click 'Add' and add the following rule:

If 'Received from unapproved sender'
then 'Move it to' 'NEW FOLDER' (or whatever name you gave the folder).

2. From now on, all email messages from unapproved senders will be diverted to the new folder you created.

You may change the new folder's name to any name you find suitable. Simply right-click the folder and select 'Rename'.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby cdenice » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi,

Other then manually how do I populate and maintain the approved and unapproved sender lists?
HELP !!!
cdenice
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:41 am

cdenice wrote:Hi,

Other then manually how do I populate and maintain the approved and unapproved sender lists?

Not sure what you're referring to, but the Approved Senders list is only available for JunkFilter Plus or Protection Center users, while everyone can use the Blocked Senders list.

Do you mean you want to import a list of addresses into these lists, or something else?
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar

Postby cdenice » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Do you mean you want to import a list of addresses into these lists

Yes
HELP !!!