error when trying to open fies(mail)

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

error when trying to open fies(mail)

Postby dutoits » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: up to date to latest level for windows xp pro
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 6
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
I run restore with windows cd , everything ells ( autocad , openofice) works fine.

with incredimail open i can see the mail even receive new mail but when i clicking on the mail ( operation failed ) occured mail will not open

I then downloaded latest update of incredimaail and run it , it installed ok. but error still remained , went to unistalled found two options (1 update , 2 repair ) I then run update , and repaired it kept but kept stopping with error message ( cant find looking in key missing )

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
I tride to make copy of mail with incredimail but the operation failed error kept popping up. i made a coppy of the files in explorer .

Hhhhelp

Please provide a full description of the problem:
dutoits
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: error when trying to open fies(mail)

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:59 am

I'd like you to send me a screenshot so I can check to see exactly what you are seeing and go from there! You can do so by clicking here, clicking 'Run' and when the file download completes, click 'Run' again.

When you see the problem again, click the 'Make Screenshot' in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Close the IncrediMail Screenshot Creator and attach the 'IncrediMail_Screenshot_0001.jpg' file created on your Desktop to your reply.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby dutoits » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:48 pm

I want to do a complete removal of all folders data from my computer and then reinstall xe again , i read that version 2 is not recommended for xe users, <Rock> <Rock>

I have made a copy of im to my desktop ,

CURRENTLY THE APPLICATION JUST HANGS . I will rather buy new license

The uninstall do not remove incredimail

please give me the sequence.

I have set up firefox in the meantime to serve as my mail application
dutoits
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:10 pm

I apologize for the inconvenience, however downgrading IncrediMail is not possible, as this may cause damage or complete loss to your data.

Please understand that IncrediMail 2 uses a different file structure and storage method for messages.

Since we are continually improving our product, upgrading to the latest version is always recommended, and similar to other software, you cannot downgrade IncrediMail to an earlier version.

Again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any questions, or are experiencing any issues with IncrediMail 2, please describe them in as much detail as possible. I will do my best to assist you.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby dutoits » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:10 pm

version2 is not recomended as a upgrade for xe users . this upgrade was done , i can see the messages but cant open them error message " operation failed " keeps popping up. I read one of the reply's that suggested that you create a new user . I did that and now . it just hang

I think the problem is windows related . I did a windows xp repair with service pack 2 this worked fine on all other programs but the problem with incredimail persisted then i install service pack 3, went well untill it wanted to do the activate widows , it defaulted to the back ground an froze . had to do service pack 2 repair to make it work.

The light uninstall of incredimail is the proplem , it keeps defaulting to the previous defective version when you uninstall and then reinstall

the next option is that i have to put a new formatted drive in and reinstall windows and all my programms because you pestered me with the upgrade popup that do not work and is not recomended <Devil> <Devil> <Devil> <Devil> <Devil> <Devil>
dutoits
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediModerator » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 am

I apologize, however in no where on our website we do not recommend to Xe user not to upgrade to IncrediMail 2.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)