Incredimail 2.0 keeps freezing up?

Share/Bookmark
Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Incredimail 2.0 keeps freezing up?

Postby dianahottie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?
Nothing, it just stopped working and keeps saying sorry incredimail has stopped responding.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Incredimail application is not responding

Please provide a full description of the problem:
Incredimail application is not responding, It freezes up and stops working when I open it, I have uninstalled it and then reinstalled it after I deleted all files from my computer and then I did an update and still it keeps freezing. Its not protected by a firewall and I just don't understand why it would work one minute then just stop?? Please help!

Diana
dianahottie
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Incredimail 2.0 keeps freezing up?

Postby IncrediModerator » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:06 pm

The problem you are experiencing can usually be solved by deleting your IncrediMail 'Runtime' folder. This folder saves all the recent content that you have used, allowing IncrediMail to reuse the content you have already used, without reloading it to your computer's memory, losing time and computer resources.

If you delete this folder, it will be automatically recreated and the IncrediMail content will begin to be saved again.

To delete your 'Runtime' folder, please click here.

Click 'Run' in the File Download dialog, click 'Run' again when asked to run the software and follow the instructions in the SupportUtil dialog.

Open IncrediMail and let me know the results.
Best regards,

IncrediModerator
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
IncrediModerator
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby voodoo62 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:32 am

Thank you. I tried that one last night but had the same issue about 10 mins later. I'm also trying to work out if there is a way to use my older (IM xe) stats. But my main issue is trying to stop IM from freezing.
voodoo62
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby kennedy818 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:47 am

DELETING THE RUNTIME DOES NOT WORK! I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS FOR A MONTH. GETTING NO HELP! I PAID FOR MY INCREDIMAIL AND STILL NOTHING.
kennedy818
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:18 am

Please note that deleting the Runtime folder is a solution which does help many users with similar issues and that is the reason we try it.

Since you are experiencing this problem, I would like you to try and boot your computer in Safe Mode, which loads Windows with only the necessary drivers, then try using IncrediMail again.

To boot your Windows in Safe Mode, please do the following:
Print out these instructions, so that you can follow them after restarting your computer.
Restart your computer.
Before Windows starts, press the 'F8' key on your keyboard.
Select the 'Safe Mode (with Networking)' option from the 'Mode Select' menu.
After Windows starts up, open IncrediMail and let me know if the problem continues to occur.

Note: To restore your computer to its normal state, simply reboot it.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby ddollar529 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

I started windows in safe mode with networking and incredimail worked perfect??????? But now what. Please send me answers to ddollar529@verizon.net. Or at least send me a note to say you have answered and where to find it. Thanks, this is really bugging me.
ddollar529
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby IncrediAdmin2 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Please note that the difference between safe mode and normal mode is that in safe mode all programs which automatically come up when you turn on your computer (in normal mode) remain off, if the issue does not repeat in safe mode - that means that the cause for it is probably a conflict IncrediMail is having with one of the other programs you have installed on your computer, to check this further - please try disabling the programs which might be causing this one at a time and try using IncrediMail while they are off to understand which program is having a conflict with IncrediMail.
Best regards,

IncrediAdmin2
IncrediAdmin2

Return to Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)