ACCESS_VIOLATION C0000005 Module: flash.ocx

Use this forum to get a solution for any technical issue that you have with IncrediMail (not send/receive problems).
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules
highroad
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

ACCESS_VIOLATION C0000005 Module: flash.ocx

Postby highroad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:23 am

Your IncrediMail Version: IM 2
Your Internet Browser Type: FireFox 3.5
Your Operation System: Windows XP

What have you done before the problem occurred?
nothing special, just opened IM and got the error message.

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) - on reading from 04678001
Faulting Offset: 00001832
Module: flash.ocx

Please provide a full description of the problem:
When I open IM ex, it doesn`t take long time and I get the error message. IM freezes and I must restart. After a liitle while the same error message appears. Updating to IM 2 didn`t solve the problem.
Here is the error message
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) - on reading from 04678001
Faulting Offset: 00001832
Module: flash.ocx

BGills
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: ACCESS_VIOLATION C0000005 Module: flash.ocx

Postby BGills » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:52 pm

I had the same problem and it was driving me insane. The issue in my case was a problem with the way Incredimail interacted with Flash, specifically the "flash.ocx" module.
I happen to be running a 64bit operating system and if this is the case with you as well, Flash doesn't always play well in this environment.
The solution for me was a reinstall of Flash Player using Mozilla Firefox. Flash Install can be found at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ On that page, Adobe correctly identified that I was using a 64bit O.S. Right click any blank area on the page and choose from the drop down menu "View Page Info" A pop-out will show up, with four tabs, choose the "Permissions" tab and un-check "Install Extensions or Themes" now choose "Allow" Close the pop-out "Page Info" window and continue with the installation.
This process is slightly different depending on which browser you are using, but with Firefox this is what worked for me!
In any case the message you're getting has pointed you in the right direction. The flash.ocx module will cause a violation whenever called upon by Incredimail to perform flash operations and will continue to do so until the problem is corrected. I hope this helps.

Return to “Technical Issues (crashes, error messages, etc.)”