Password protect  [solved]

Share/Bookmark
Get help with Send/Receive problems, Account configuration, Ports numbers, Email Servers and more!
Forum rules
Please read them carefully before posting new topic - Forum rules

Password protect

Postby dag1167 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Your IncrediMail Version: 2.0
Your Internet Browser Type: Internet Explorer 8
Your Operation System: Windows 7

What have you done before the problem occurred?

If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:

Please provide a full description of the problem:
I have to send my laptop away for repair. Is it possible to password protect Incredimail from prying eyes?
Dave
dag1167
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Password protect

Postby gypsywolfen » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Not to sure if this is where i should be but am having a difficult time. I down loaded IM2 a few days ago. Then purchased the Halloween special the Gold then purchased the plus.
One account gypsywolfen used in hotmail I had no problems with. After i added a second account with email being from mail email account comcast.net the problem started. Keep in mind no password was on the hotmail account however
I put one on comcast.net. When i re-booted it insisted under hotmail i place a password but i couldn't i never placed one on it. I even tried using my password with comcast.net but that was wrong.

I took of comcast.net i had added, but can't get into my IM. I tried the update they sent me, no luck. I took off IM try to get a fresh copy to see if that would work, but no it set up and wanted a pass word to hotmail that i don't have.
All my receipts are in the hotmail acct all my letters etc from IM

What can i do, it's 2 days now.

Thanks
Gypsywolfen
gypsywolfen
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Postby moonstar » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:29 am

Dave:

You can place a password on your IncrediMail Identity, as well as setting IncrediMail to ask to choose an Identity on Startup.

To protect your personal messages, simply do the following:

1. In the IncrediMail main window, click the 'Tools' menu, scroll down to 'Identities' and select 'Manage Identities...'.

2. In the 'Manage Identities' dialog, select the Identity you wish to edit and click 'Properties'.

To establish a password, do the following:

1. Mark the 'Require a password' checkbox.

2. In the 'Enter Password' dialog, enter your desired password, making sure to enter exactly the same both times, and click 'Ok'.

To enable the Choose Identity on Startup feature, simply do the following:

1. In the main IncrediMail window, click your Identity Name, and in the drop-down list, choose 'Manage Identities...'.

2. In the 'Manage Identities' dialog, mark the 'Choose an Identity on startup' checkbox.
Best regards,

Moonstar
IncrediMail Customer Support

Image Image
moonstar
IncrediMail Support Team Member
IncrediMail Support Team Member

Postby dag1167 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:03 am

Thanks for the reply. I was very happy that there seemed to be a solution but my hopes were dashed. Now correct me if I'm wrong but there is NOT a 'tools' option that I can see in Incredimail. I've searched several times but nothing. I have:
WRITE, GET MAIL, FORWARD, DELETE, CONTACTS, NOTIFIER, SKIN, INCREDCENTER and GALLERY but no TOOLS.
Dave
dag1167
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Re: Password protect  [solved]

Postby dag1167 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:18 am

STOP PRESS!!!!! I have found he TOOLS option. The 'MENU' where it is held was not visible until I re-sized the window.
Many thanks and I apologise for the previous posting. <ROLF>
Once again many thanks
Dave <Clapping>
dag1167
IncrediUser
IncrediUser

Return to Email Account Issues